Saturday, January 19, 2008

Here Comes The Sun...so just smile and wave..

Well, I did it. I registered to take the ACT on February 9. That's in..exactly three weeks. I know I should have already taken it several times by now, but I just never got around to it. Ah well, better late than never.
I haven't studied, and I'm not sure if I'm going to. I suppose I should..but I'm kinda curious as to how I'll do without studying. I really only have to have a 19 to get into Northeast Community College, where I plan to go..but the higher my ACT score, the better chance I'll have of getting into the nursing program sooner.
I may actually decided to start classes this summer, to get Anatomy & Physiology out of the way. I would rather not take summer classes, as that will cut out any chance of going to any of the summer camps that I usually go to, but I may need to.. :(

I can't believe we're almost already through the first month of 2008..I made a list of resolutions, as I always do. This year I even typed them up, printed it out, and put it in a safe place where it wouldn't get lost.
Here's what I came up with:

1. Read at least a chapter in the Bible every day
2. Stay up all night and watch the sunrise
3. Learn to drive a stick shift
4. Go at least a month without drinking caffeine
5. Write a song

Not very many, but they are realistic, anyway. I'll probably add to it through the year..

I leave you with a poem that I have to have memorized by Wednesday..let's see if I can type it without looking at the poem.

Sonnet 116 - Shakespeare

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments; Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no! It is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken..(I forgot the first part of the next line..I'm looking)
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks.
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error, and upon me prov'd,
I never writ, nor no man ever lov'd.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I wish you all the best on the ACT. I never bothered to take it (and I only took the SAT once). For me, the most frustrating part of standardized tests like those is that it takes SO long! You do one section wait for every other person to finish then move on - and that's the way it roll for hours.
You probably don't really need to study, I didn't do much of that either.
Oh, and good job with Sonnet 116.

Rachel said...

Yay you fianlly posted again!!

Good luck on the ACT!

HandmaidenforHim said...

How'd the ACT go? I took it twice and got the same score on both tests which was a tad bit frustrating. I also took the SAT. I'm glad to have them out of the way. Sonnet 116 reminded me of Sense and Sensibility. ;)