Monday, January 30, 2006

Jackson PBC Meeting!







Well I had a lot of fun at the Jackson Meeting. We had 8 girls staying in one hotel room the first night. Stayed up until 2:30, talking you know.. We went to Starbucks, or Moondollars, or Constellation Currency, whatever you want to call it...both nights, which was fun too. The second night, we played a game in the lobby after the grownups went to bed until around 1:00. Then we went to our rooms and talked some more until...well, I'll just say it was extremely past the time we should have gone to sleep. We also got to hear Elder Sonny Pyles preach some great sermons, and got to eat some great food. This was my first time to go to Jackson, but I didn't feel out of place at all. After we drove home, and after services at Grace Chapel, Tyler and I had to take Logan and Eleanor to a gas station in Walnut where Bro. Robert would meet us. On the way, Eleanor suddenly felt the need to have some sunglasses from Claire's, and yelled out to Tyler to stop at the mall on the way. Of course, we all knew that it would be closed since it was about 9 o'clock, but Eleanor was very determined. So we pulled up to Claire's, and saw that the lights were on, and people were inside. Even though we knew that it was too good to be true, we got out of the car, and walked inside. As soon as we walked inside, everyone in there just stared at us. I thought it a bit strange, but kept walking. When we passed the counter, this man told us that they were closed. Apparently they were working late, or something. So we, embarrassed, said thank you, and walked out. While we were painfully making our way to the exit, I heard a girl say, "How moronic can you get?" But morons though we might have been, it was fun anyway. A delightful weekend indeed.

5 comments:

LaceyP said...

ugh! I can't stand when people are just downright RuDe...I mean...couldn't they've just said "I'm sorry, but we're closed" instead of that stupid comment. The world would run MUCH more smoothly if people would just be kind...I mean, they act like they've never read a Bible! :) ha!
riiiight! Sorry...that just strikes a nerve with me...

I'm so glad yall got to come...it was great to see yall...i also had a blast!

joe4444 said...

funny thing is, I ran into almost a similar situation at about the same time Sunday evening. After leaving church, I decided to go to the Super Target and grab a few things. On my way out I decided I would go over to the Starbucks inside the store to get a frappuchino (Lord knows I'd never get coffee at Starbucks). I go up there and the lady behind the counter says "we're closed." Now maybe I overreact (which I am trying to work on), but I am rather offended that she is just standing there at the counter like she's ready to take my order, and just rudely says "we're closed" without an "i'm sorry" in front of it, and an expression of sympathy on her face. So I say "we'll thats very polite, great service" in a sarcastic tone, and walk off giving an ugly stare, at which she simply stare's back to. And then of course I walk out to my car, and had to go all the way out to the Starbucks in front of the store to get my delicious frappuchino.

Anyway, the Jackson meeting was a lot of great fun and I'm glad you got to go and enjoy it.

fa-so-la-la said...

Lydia, it was such a treat having you at the hotel with us! I'm so glad you all got to come. Do come again!

monolog said...

Hey ho, what a weekend!

monolog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.