Friday, November 25, 2005

Wednesday....

Well, this last Tuesday night after our basketball game I spent the night at my Grandparents' house. The next morning I woke up around 7:30 or so and ate breakfast...then started reading a book that my Grandma recommended. Grandma asked me if I wanted to go workout with her, and I said yes. So about 9:00, we set off..Grandma driving. I was a little nervous, but was relieved when only about 5 minutes later we pulled into the place. The place was a Senior's Center. I wasn't really expecting this, but followed Grandma in anyway. We walked inside and there was an elderly lady at the front desk, named...Miss Jan I think. So after Grandma introduced me and everything, we walked into a room where they were playing '80s music and elderly people were doing aerobics while a lady was instructing them. I put my sweater on a chair and walked over to a clear space on the floor, and just started doing what the instructor said. I was a little embarrassed about doing it, but after awhile I got used to it and started having fun with it. After about 30 minutes, we did our exercise with weights. After it was over, Grandma introduced me to all of them, and after giving my name and age several times, we left.

We got back and I read some more, then ate a sandwich with a glass of milk and icecream. :) At 1:50 I think it was, Ryan and I went to his Philosophy class at the U of M. They were discussing a movie called "High Crimes and Misdemeanors". I had never seen the movie, but their views on things were quite interesting. For instance, they think that marriage is no more than words on paper, and that if a marriage isn't going well, the spouses can do whatever they want because they are practically divorced already. After his class we bought some Tigers' tickets for Seth and his family and left for GA. After about 7 1/2 hours we arrived, and went to bed.
So that was my rather interesting day...hope you have a good one!

3 comments:

joe4444 said...

Its probably not a good idea to even try to debate with some of the people in the Philosophy class. I bet most of them probably dont even believe in a God at all, so their side of the debate is going to be based around that, and debating with someone like that can make things very frustrating sometimes.

So anyway what kind of aerobics did you do?

Gracie said...

Savanna, you're right, it sure seems like they always do! lol

Joe, I don't know what kind of aerobics...just..streching mostly. It was kind of like dancing..sometimes. :) I had tons of fun.

Jack Nips said...

Lydia, Ryan, thanks for picking up those tickets for us...we had a great time at the game...